Your privacy is important to us
At Hide The Label we take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the internet.
What is the purpose of this document?
- what information we collect when you use the Hide The Label website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit one of our stores
- How we use your information
- How long we keep your information and how it is stored
- Our approach to sensitive personal information
- What options you have to control your information
- The rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- How we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact our Customer Services team at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
How do we collect information on you?
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- create an account on our Site;
- place an order through our Site;
- fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey;
- subscribe to our mailing list.
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
when you access our site, we use “cookies” to make it easier for you to use our Site. These cookies record data about the pages you browse and the activites you carried out during your visit.
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.
- We record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
Information we collect when you contact us
- We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media.
How we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, to Weengs courier service. who pick, package and process orders on our behalf, Yodel who assist us with fulfilling deliveries, and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- In the event that you add items to your basket but do not complete a transaction, our abandon basket partner will automatically send you an e-mail to remind you that there are items in your basket.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but still enables linking between your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of the EEA, such as the United States for certain service providers such as Cybersource and Facebook. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transmitted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a request.