Sustainability and Environmental policy
Hide The Label recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment and is committed to continually improve and monitor environmental performance as well as managing our environmental impacts across all areas of our business.
Continual improvement forms an important part of our approach that we review regularly. As a new self-funded start-up company we are learning continually about how we can reduce our environmental impact within the limitations of our business. We will encourage our employees, suppliers and customers to do the same.
Hide The Label endeavours to:
- Identify and satisfy compliance obligations and demonstration of best practice.
- Identify and manage environmental risks and opportunities.
- Understand and manage direct and indirect environmental impacts associated with our operations, products and services.
- Our designs will be carefully considered based on the impact they will have on the environment during and after their lifespan.
- Focus on pollution prevention, responsible use of resources, waste avoidance.
- Minimise the need for business travel and selecting products and services with reduced environmental impacts.
- Engage and partner with our supply chain to improve performance.
- We aim to use minimal paper within our design studio and office consumables will be recycled or reused where possible.
- We aim to reduce packaging as much as possible and only use either biodegradable or compostable packaging.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products for any packaging, tags or point of sale items.
- We will only use sustainable wooden hanger options for retail space.
- We will donate any unsold stock or development samples to the Charity Smart Works.
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible by sticking to direct digital printing fabric with eco-friendly inks.
- We will only ever print the exact amount of fabric we need to keep waste to an absolute minimum.
- Lights and electrical equipment in our offices will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating in our offices will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- We will reduce the need for business travel, restricting to necessity trips only, instead we will rely on regular skype meetings with our overseas suppliers.
- We will keep our suppliers to a minimum so that our goods do not need to be transported from one supplier to another before shipping.
- We will transport our goods in such a way that has minimal impact on the environment. i.e transporting goods by rail over air to reduce carbon footprint.
- We will Carefully consider the materials we use for our garments and the impact these materials have on the environment.
- We will ensure that we design styles that have longevity and wearability to help combat the damaging fast fashion culture.
- We will design, toile and fit our development samples in-house to minimize the number of development samples we produce in our overseas factories.
- We will not use animal products within our range.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce enviromental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues as necessary within our management meetings.
If you would like more details on our Manufacturing and Ethical codes of conduct, please drop us an email and we would be happy to share with you.